Entertaining Japanese experience in Garhoud 23 Reviews
Benihana’s seafood teppan night
Sample a seafood-focused menu, including prawns, salmon and cream dory. Dhs209 Timings: Sunset-midnight (Wednesday)
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2011
Deep in the sophisticated Al Bustan Rotana hotel, chefs bang pots and juggle knives in the Benihana restaurant. Offering both sushi and teppanyaki, guests can choose to sit in one of two rooms: one with the grills and one for those opting for a healthier, quieter evening. The decor is fairly simple with brown panelled walls and medium lighting, but you don’t come here for the decor, you come here for the experience. The chefs are fast, friendly and humorous. Ours explained all the ingredients he cooked, but turned them into sweet versions: ‘Now we add some ice cream (actually butter) to the Japanese bananas (actually courgette) and season with some sugar (actually salt)’. The service is excellent, prices reasonable and ingredients good quality. Try the sizzling salmon and scallops with their house ginger sauce. All main dishes are accompanied by rice (either steamed or fried with veggies and egg), salad and a delicious onion soup to start. The entertaining atmosphere is an idea for birthday parties and families; groups of up to seven or eight per grill.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 29 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 08 December,2008- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by TimeOut Dubai Staff
- 01 January,2003- reviewed by Charlotte McDonald
- 01 November,2001- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.