Fareast Seafood Market
All-you-can-eat buffet is undeniable value for seafood lovers 11 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2011
Dinner at Fareast Seafood Market should really come with a warning: bring a bib! This is seafood carnage at its very best. The all-you-can-eat buffet is undeniable value, but worth tackling only if you’re fully prepared to leave feeling battered, bruised and full to the brim. The food is worth a night of hardcore twisting and cracking. Simply pick your prey, which is paraded on trays of crushed ice, then mercilessly devour. The selection is huge. In fact, the only fish you can’t chomp on are the bright orange goldfish in the giant glass wall-tank, which gives the whole place a wacky underwater feel.The meaty shellfish, frighteningly fresh red snapper and juicy sea bass were all first rate. Even the worst treat on the menu, the seafood soup, was at worst average (and perhaps a tad lukewarm).The blue crab, pan-seared squid or comically large calamari rings were also quite rightly recommended by the helpful waitress, whose talent for speedily fetching dishes strongly implied that she was secretly an octopus.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 09 May,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 05 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 08 January,2008- reviewed by James Brennan
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 20 September,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 01 January,2002- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.