Lebanese seafood joint on Jumeirah Beach Road 10 Reviews
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2011
Traditionally a Friday lunchtime favourite with Arab families, Sammach has locations in both Jumeirah and Deira, and has the handle on fish. The Jumeirah branch is based inside the Beach Centre and, unfortunately, it’s impossible to forget that, with its tables sprawling out onto the concourse and views of it from inside the restaurant. Inside, you’ll find heavy wooden furniture and walls plastered with images of fisherman proudly holding their big catches – cementing the idea that Sammach is an ode to those skilled at trawling the sea, as well as the wonders of the sea and marine life itself. The Sammach signature feature is a large iced fish market, from which you can pick your dinner, before deciding how you want it to be cooked and served. If you’re not after a one-off dish, go for the hammour, rice and pine nut special, for something that is both healthy and surprisingly tasty.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 27 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 04 July,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 29 December,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 February,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 September,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.