German theme restaurant with homely feel and friendly staff 4 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2011
If you’re in any doubt about the theme at Hofbrauhaus, the cheery staff that greet you at the door will soon dispel any confusion. Clad in traditional German lederhosen, their garb ties in nicely with the venue’s homely decor – stout dark-wood furniture, European knick-knacks and scattered brewery paraphernalia transport diners into the world of a smoky Munich beer hall, while the speakers blurt out oompah-band covers of popular Euro tunes.
If the atmosphere wasn’t so warm and friendly, the whole thing would be in danger of descending into kitsch; as it is, the regular patrons supping pints at the bar give Hofbrauhaus an air of authenticity (albeit with a Middle Eastern twist). The menu is awash with hearty Teutonic staples: bratwurst, frankfurters, meat loaf and meatballs are all served with a generous dollop of sauerkraut, and the hops menu boasts an impressive round-up of authentic brews. One word of warning: the portions here are sizeable, and the heavy nature of German food means you’ll probably need to loosen your belt to have any hope of tackling the sinfully stodgy apple strudel.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 05 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 08 February,2010- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 September,2008- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 08 November,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 October,2004- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 June,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 January,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 July,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
- 01 November,2001- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.