New Media Rotana brunch spot is popular with business clientele 12 Reviews
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2011
TECOM seems to be an up and coming area in Dubai and it will only be a matter of time before it competes with the Marina. Prego’s has a good step on the ladder. Set in the Media Rotana hotel on the ground floor this large Italian eatery hasn’t gone too far over the top with its décor, as you walk in an impressive grape collection can be seen on the left and there’s a lovely cold meat selection right in front of you. The restaurant is busy mainly with business clientele staying at the hotel and young families dining but it still retained a slight romantic feel. It oozes confidence and the food thankfully backs this up. The menu is a little long with page after page of choices ,which can be overwhelming. The Caprese which comes as a healthy portion, is big enough for two to share. The classic lasagne dish impresses with the texture and weight of the pasta (which can sometimes overtake the whole the dish), while the Mediterranean sea bass and sea bream fillets on a bed of baby spinach are delightfully light and retain all their flavour. A new favourite we feel.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 August,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 19 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 05 January,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.