Emirati food, desert setting and touristy vibe at the Bab Al Shams hotel 18 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2011
Nestled in the desert resort of Bab Al Shams, this MENA restaurant seems to be a tourist’s delight, whereas any resident will find it more of a tacky spot, with the outdoor surroundings feeling more like Universal Studios than a tranquil authentic oasis of calm. The entertainment matches this vibe too, with every aspect of performance incorporated throughout the night, from dancers and deafening live music, to actors riding camels and horses, and a firework display to top the night off. In fact, it is all very over the top in every aspect.
This out of town spot only serves a pricey set buffet. A huge range of Arabic options are available, but it is all very average at best. The service here is on the rude side and combines an odd mix of ignoring you all night, with other staff pushing to get you out of the door as quickly as is physically possible. This Arabic restaurant is not somewhere to go out of your way to visit, and beware, if you arrive by taxi, then be sure to reserve one at the end of the night at least an hour before you leave, otherwise you can be left with a long wait.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 November,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 April,2008- reviewed by Guy Dimond
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 27 June,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 26 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.