Hot and cold mezze and more in the Grand Hyatt 1 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
BOOK A TABLE NOW
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2011
Lebanese restaurants are one a penny in Dubai. There are endless unmemorable mundane versions of fattoush, houmous and shish taouk that get devoured all across the city. Awtar however is more of a standout addition. Set within sophisticated surroundings with a draped ceiling and Arabian lanterns, this restaurant is well worth a visit. The option of the outdoor area is a welcome call in the cooler winter months. The menu is vast, divided from hot and cold mezze to meats, and has some interesting options.
The fish mixed grill was huge, with the prawns being soft and juicy and the hammour taking on a great char-grilled taste, and the houmous beiruty was a welcome change from its traditional counterpart, as the fava beans and paprika were a nice touch. With the addition of polite staff (who strike the balance of being helpful without being overbearing) and extremely fresh and wholesome food, Awtar is a good option for any Lebanese cravings, and is one of the better restaurants in the Grand Hyatt. You will pay slightly more than some other Lebanese restaurants in town, but it is worth it.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 23 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 07 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 27 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 July,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 July,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.