Laid-back Japanese joint in a far corner of Century Village 7 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2011
Situated in a far corner of Century Village at The Aviation Club you’ll find Sushi Sushi, a laid-back Japanese joint. In terms of ambience, the location of this restaurant works in its favour and is probably its biggest plus: with an alfresco area adjoining a pond complete with catfish, ducks and a resident turtle. Surrounded by large, lush trees the atmosphere of this place is about as relaxed as it gets in Dubai. Think twittering birds, the sound of running water and a pleasant spot in the shade.
Unfortunately its location is one of the bes things here, Sushi Sushi has been around for some years now, which is something that is noticeable on some of its worn tables. The service is friendly and relaxed, complementing the overall feel of the place. Expect average Japanese fare with choices from a rather extensive menu covering appetisers, soups, salads, hot dishes, teppanyaki stir-fries, noodles, and of course a wide range of raw fish. The actual sushi was for us a standard experience, while the seared tuna wafer thin sashimi was the only clear stand out.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 27 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 20 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 December,2008- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 08 January,2008- reviewed by James Brennan
- 11 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by TimeOut Dubai Staff
- 01 January,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 August,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 August,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
- 01 September,2001- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.