St Tropez Bistro
Friendly mid-priced bistro in the Century Village Garhoud 7 Reviews
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2011
Nestled amid the twinkling fairy lights of the delightful Century Village, St Tropez isn’t necessarily a restaurant you’d find by chance. But it’s a quirky little venue, and worth seeking out: the ‘retro’ (aka slightly faded) décor has a ’70s feel to it, and the walls are adorned with hundreds of black-and-white photos of movie stars. Staff are efficient without being overbearing and, while the simple menu offers few surprises (a handful of steak cuts, plus chicken, seafood and salads), it makes a refreshing change from the endless, bewildering lists on offer at some venues. Steaks are nicely cooked, and are accompanied by crisp fries and somewhat undercooked vegetables. But the real selling point is the price: the entry-level New Zealand fillet steak is a mere Dhs65, and it’s tender and packed with flavour. The more expensive options don’t offer a whole lot more quality – stick with the basics and you won’t go wrong.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 25 July,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 11 December,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 14 November,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 April,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 August,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.