Suprisingly impressive Thai dining in Garhoud 4 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2011
Situated in the Le Meridien Airport’s tasting platter of eateries, Sukhothai never fails to surprise and impress, perhaps due to its proximity to the rather spit and sawdust Dubliner's pub. Enter and you couldn’t be further from the Irish drinking spot: you’re met with a wood-heavy interior, pleasant staff and surprisingly good food. We recommend going for one of the four set menus, such as the extremely well-priced lunch deal, which allows you to taste a raft of the seafood, vegetarian and meat dishes in small, Asian tapas-style portions.
Stand out courses included the Thai green curry and sticky mango pudding, as well as the lemon and mint drinks. However don’t expect this to be a quick meal should you opt for the aforementioned set menus – you can expect to park up for around three hours. Still, we can think of far worse ways of whiling away a weekend afternoon in Garhoud.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 01 August,2007- reviewed by James Brennan
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 27 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 June,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 January,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 July,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 December,2001- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.