Thai restaurant with al fresco seating in The Palace hotel 20 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2011
The entrance to Thiptara is reminiscent of a Thai spa, and hence creates an instant calm. The restaurant is huge in size and seems never-ending, and you must reserve a table on the terrace outside, otherwise your experience will be completely different. The downtown views here are spectacular, with the Burj Khalifa and Dubai fountain clearly visible, accented by the fire torches lined around the edge of the platform. The food and sleek service won't disappoint at this classy venue, with the large menu encompassing all the usual Thai classics. The highlight is the duck curry with lychees. The creamy gravy balances nicely with the sweetness of the fruit. The prawn dim sum starter is also incredibly delicate and fresh. Thiptara makes for a romantic and enjoyable evening, so try and experience this gorgeous Thai restaurant at least once whilst you are in Dubai. You won’t regret it.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 10 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 September,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 08 March,2010- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 08 January,2008- reviewed by James Brennan
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.