Maria Bonita's Taco Shop
Authentic Mexican comes up short on quality 53 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
Maria’s is billed as the authentic Mexican experience – unlike Tex-Mex fare we usually opt for when we fancy a fajita. But if this is how it is done in the Central American country, you’ll forgive us if we don’t board the next plane with knife and fork in hand. The rustic setting is initially refreshing in a city filled with chain restaurants.
But if the air conditioning is engaged, it can barely be felt, and an abundance of whirring extractor fans does little to mask that. Make sure you order guacamole to be made from scratch at your table, because that is the culinary highlight. After that, enchiladas are filled with stringy chicken, fajitas are served with tough steak and refried beans are bland and fatty. If this the true taste of Mexico, we’d rather stay north of the border.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 28 August,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Kids staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 29 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 16 February,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 28 January,2008- reviewed by James Brennan
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 18 October,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 29 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 March,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 January,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.