Baker & Spice
Baker & Spice is one of Dubai’s best deli-style cafes. Yet such back-slappingly healthy fodder comes at high prices 22 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
Baker & Spice stormed onto Dubai’s cafe scene a couple of years ago, hiking up the standards of organic deli-style food across the city. But of course, such back-slappingly hearty and healthy fodder comes at a price: and the cafe chain’s only drawback is its high costs. But let’s skip back from the bill. Perfectly positioned half inside, half outside, and right beside Dubai Mall, Baker’s decor is simple and airy, with plenty of earthy tones and low-hanging lights.
The salad bar is positioned on the top level, presumably so guests are drawn to choose one of the innovative options (a combo of four are sold at a set price – we recommend the cauliflower and creamy cheese). Otherwise food is split into breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner, with plenty of meat-, seafood- and pasta-based options. While the chicken pie is enjoyable, it’s Dhs81 price tag is not, and the same can be said about the Dhs35 smoothies. Meanwhile, the spaghetti and Black Angus meat balls are a better and more economical bet, and staff are happy to pack it up should you want to finish it at home. Indeed, fortunately, you get what you pay for in terms of service too.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 27 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 20 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 07 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 29 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 20 July,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.