Varied, flavourful Indian food that sings 51 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
Busy even on nondescript weeknights, Asha’s has a lot going for it – elegant, modern decor with warm welcoming hues, efficient and friendly service (even the restaurant manager chips in, helping out rushed waiters by taking orders too) and background music that alternates between soft and melodious to happily upbeat, but thankfully never at volumes that drowns out conversation.
And what of the food? Well, it sings. Select something cold and wonderful from their extensive drinks list, crunch on the poppadums and dips and then get ready to make some important menu decisions. The kebabs, in particular, are guaranteed palate pleasers – it’s all about the tenderest cuts of meat, roasted and grilled to as close to perfection as you’ll likely taste in the city with the flavours of delicious spice blends flirting with your tongue. Just one bite and you’ll know the difference. And whether you’re a seafood, meat or vegetable-lover, there’s plenty of mains to choose from too, with (surprisingly) more than a few innovative options. The food isn’t exactly cheap but definitely worth every dirham. If the weather isnt bordering on sweltering, we’d recommend booking a table outside. Like the appeal of Asha Bhosle’s timeless songs, the experience will no doubt become legendary.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 27 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 19 January,2010- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 17 May,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 April,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 February,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.