With your taste buds suitably cleansed, head for the steak adorned with a blue cheese parcel where the rich fromage complements and contrasts with the succulent hunk of meat 8 Reviews
Enjoy a starter and dessert buffet and à la carte main courses. Dhs205 (soft drinks); Dhs360 (house beverages) Timings: Noon-3pm (Saturday)
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2007
If you’re a fan of dodgy 80s decor, piano players you can pester with requests and strict dress codes to keep out the riffraff, Le Classique could be right up your street. Set in two hexagonal domes, one for smoking guests and the other non-smokers, it offers a very reasonable set menu.
For Dhs160 you can have two courses and for just Dhs25 extra you can get a belly-bursting four courses. For starters, the crab cake with hunks of asparagus and horseradish sauce is an excellent choice – bursting with filling and flavour, the only downside being the slightly soggy exterior. However, you should avoid the rather drab and indistinguishable salmon and crab salad. Overly damp and lacking in any discernible fishy flavour, its taste is as insipid as its presentation – a dollop of salmon, a dollop of crab and a dollop of salad. Regardless of which menu you choose, the courses are divided by a palate-pleasing pink grapefruit sorbet that is delicately poised and has a bittersweet aftertaste.
With your taste buds suitably cleansed, head for the steak adorned with a blue cheese parcel where the rich fromage complements and contrasts with the succulent hunk of meat. The duck breast with blackcurrant and cinnamon sauce is almost as adept but pales into insignificance against the outstanding steak. With extremely affable, if at times somewhat tardy service, and a very reasonably priced, not to mention extensive menu, Le Classique is a solid dinner bet. Just make sure you don’t forget your tie and leave your reservations about the decor and endless Procol Haram piano renditions at the door.
By Time Out Dubai Staff
- Previous reviews
- 20 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 September,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 05 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 29 March,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 15 January,2008- reviewed by James Brennan
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 15 February,2006- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 April,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 September,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
- 01 October,2001- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.