Some of the city’s most romantic and tasty Thai food 20 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
There’s no doubt about it, The Palace is impressive. And the walk to Thiptara, past am azure pool and a row of elegant majlis only heightens expectations, which thankfully are not let down by the food. With elegant, simple, Thai-influenced decor, Thiptara’s main dining room is a relatively small affair, but with plenty of room between tables for romantic meals a deux, of which it’s perfect for. The terrace overlooks the Dubai fountains, but is far enough away from the hustle of Dubai Mall to not feel touristy. Like the decor, the menu is refined, not overly complicated, but offers staple curries alongside delicious fish dishes. A steamed sea bass with chilli and lime is light, fresh and zingy whilst their seafood green curry comes loaded with scallops, prawns and mussels. Refreshingly service is efficient and not overly intrusive. All in all, one of the best Thai restaurants in Dubai, and wonderfully romantic to boot.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 10 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 08 March,2010- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 08 January,2008- reviewed by James Brennan
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.