The Irish Village
After all these years, The Irish Village has lost none of its charm 16 Reviews
The Irish Village’s barbecue
Choose from a range of meats – from chicken to steak – and get a free hop or short beverage with each order. Dhs50 (includes one drink) Timings: Noon-4pm (Friday, Saturday)
Faux Irish charm oozes from this quaint venue’s every pore – from year-round fairy lights hanging from trees on entry to the tobacconist’s store frontage that neighbours the pub. The Irish Village’s somewhat isolated location has not stopped it amassing a considerable following of regulars. Staff group in the centre of the patio until summoned by a waving arm or a bellowed ‘Excuse me!’, but service is quick, if lacking in cheer. The menu is loaded with Irish and British classics such as sausages and mash, steak pie (which is actually more of a pasty) and, of course, a hearty Irish stew. Well worth a journey, whether coming from Mirdif or the Marina.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 11 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 December,2004- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 May,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
- 01 January,2002- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.