Busy watering hole serving up bar meals 5 Reviews
International buffet selection. Dhs165 (soft drinks), Dhs185 (house beverages), Dhs245 (bubbly) Timings: Noon-4pm (Friday)
Long’s gained its moniker for being the longest bar in Dubai. So long, we think, that you can bowl a cricket ball the length of the bar. But stop here and you’re unlikely to be bowled over by the food, although you probably won’t be stumped either. It’s worth noting that Long’s is s a sports-heavy bar with several different sports on display at once, which on our last visit even included ice hockey and cricket (there’s a reason we’re going on about it). Diners are seated in a special, separate (but still oddly smoking-friendly) area, and handed a long menu by fast and friendly staff – but when the food arrives it fails to live up to the promise. For eyes-on-the-match snacks they might pass, but going for gourmet pub glory has let this place down.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 29 September,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 May,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.