Tasty eats with laid back beats 16 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
Ring up to reserve a table nd the first thing you’re asked is ‘would you like to sit near the big Buddha?’ Ignore the ominous connotations, your answer is ‘yes’ – it’s a thrill to sit under the towering golden totem. But in truth the imposing statue is somewhat outdone by the view. In Dubai the overly hyphenated pan-Asiatic, Japanese-Thai-Chinese-Indian cuisine is scrumptious, but you can’t help feeling there’s more authentic fare on offer elsewhere for a fraction of the price. Meanwhile service is faultlessly attentive until the staff realise you’re not ordering an exuberant bottle of the sparkly stuff, after which you may find you miraculously turn invisible. Oh Buddha Bar is so very cool, but does it have to be so cold?
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 25 July,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 April,2008- reviewed by Chris Anderson
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 22 November,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 28 November,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.