Maya Modern Mexican Kitchen and Lounge
Award-winning modern Mexican food at Dubai Marina 20 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
In a city where Latin restaurants tend to err on either the extravagant or the cheap-and-cheerful, Maya proves high-quality food and service does not have to come with a ridiculously high price tag. Be sure to book a seat on the outside terrace overlooking Le Royal Méridien’s impressive green gardens – the restaurant’s interior is a bit sterile, like a dentist’s surgery, and out of character with warm woods and welcoming atmosphere of its exterior. The exciting and varied menu boasts classics such as sizzling fajitas sit side-by-side with braver dishes such as mole pablano, essentially chicken served in a chocolate sauce (worry not, after an initial cocoa shock, the two contrasting flavours begin to work surprisingly well together). Finish dessert and head to the beautiful lounge area for a margarita. While not exactly a hidden gem, Maya deserves to be talked about in the same breath as Dubai’s best Latin dining experiences.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 26 March,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 29 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 December,2008- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 04 October,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.