Excellent Chinese food at budget prices in Deira 18 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
Located just off Deira’s Clock Tower roundabout, this bustling restaurant is popular with Dubai’s resident Chinese community – in fact, you’d probably be hard pressed to find a more authentic-feeling Chinese eatery. The decor is quirky to say the least, with shimmering red and gold curtains made of plastic chillies and peanuts, wicker furniture, kitsch posters and foliage galore. Avoiding the unethical shark’s fin offerings, the bargain-bucket prices mean you can be adventurous – there’s everything from crispy duck to sea cucumber. The fried crab is literally dripping with flavour, emperor chicken comes piled high and smothered in rich black bean sauce, and for vegetarians there’s a good choice, including moreish deep-fried eggplant in chilli sauce. In short, it’s cheap, cheerful and definitely worth the trip.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 20 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 August,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Kids staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 04 August,2008- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.