Pricey but delicious Persian fare served in an enchanting setting 11 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
Guests are greeted by the sight of a baker slapping pizza-sized loaves of bread on the side of a fiery kiln. These are then brought by him to the table for guests to scoop up cucumber and raisin laban, alternating with the complimentary crisp lettuce, piquant lemon basil and mint, white cheese and perfect radish baubles. Entrees of note include a baked egg dish with eggplant and tomato sauce, while the main course of lamb cutlet kebab is cooked to perfection. Portions are as enormous as they are delicious. Shabestan shines for its complimentary additions – particularly the toasty halwa, which hits that thin slice of perfection between creamy and crumbly.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 27 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 December,2008- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 27 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 January,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.