A family-friendly Italian that serves up hearty fare next to Madinat Jumeirah’s ‘creek 9 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
With an enviable position along the Madinat Jumeirah's creek, Toscana magically shape-shifts depending on the season: in the mild climes of winter it's a quiet, relaxing place to enjoy a perfectly passable carbonara and affordable(ish) Chianti, but in the heat of summer, it becomes a noisy, overlit food-hall, housing countless young families. The food is all perfectly passable – starters like carpaccio are delicious, the meat mains have proven successful and the pizzas are thin crust creations with good use of toppings. The classic pasta sauces are all well cooked, although on our last visit our vongole was desperately low on clams. So, despite being one of our favourite Italian options a few years ago, Toscana has now gone down the ranks and become a ‘when in the neighbourhood’ option.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 31 October,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 November,2004- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.