Frankie's Italian Bar & Grill
Frankie Dettori and Marco Pierre White's Dubai restaurant 52 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
If Tony Soprano and his mates lived in Dubai they would hang out at Frankie’s. The brainchild of both Michelin-star chef Marco Pierre White (though his website states he has nothing to do with the day-to-day running of the restaurant) and star jockey Frankie Dettori (don’t miss the pictures of Frankie mounting Marco en-route to the bathrooms) is always lively, very friendly and just rough-around-the-edges-enough to be refreshing. Pizzas are exemplary – we love the duck on the ‘Frankie’s’ pizza, avoid if you don’t like truffle oil – as are the steaks, however the rest of the cuisine is hit and miss, but we will still go back to Frankie’s. Why? It’s atmospheric. It’s reliable. And we are still convinced we’ll spy James Gandolfini.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 23 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 August,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Kids staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 19 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 21 November,2007- reviewed by James Brennan
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.