A bustling Italian joint with an extensive menu but a hotel lobby feel 12 Reviews
If you’re sick of cavernous, empty hotel restaurants and seek a mid-week pizza and grape fix in a bustling environment, Prego’s is a safe bet, but it’s not one that’s going to wow. The decor is straight out of a hotel interior design textbook and the service is at best inattentive. There are selling points, however: the menu is truly extensive and each dish we’ve tried here has been pleasing – risottos flavoursome (if a little mushy); pastas al dente and authentic, and pizzas wood-fired and passable. Meat mains vary in quality, though the lamb chops and sea bream are impressive safe bets. Desserts are consistently good – chocolate mousses and tiramisu move beyond textbook cuisine and have that je ne sais quoi that the restaurant lacks overall.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 August,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 19 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 05 January,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.