Fast and furious Asian food in the Grand Hyatt 1 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
Walking into the green jungle of the Grand Hyatt’s interior garden, you wouldn’t think it was hiding a fearsome Asian kitchen, complete with huge defiantly large orange flames. Small tables circle the impressive open cooking space (plus seating at the bar), and chefs quickly turn out small, interesting dishes, which arrive in the order they’re cooked.
The menu’s not huge, but includes soups and noodle and wok dishes. This latter is where it gets interesting, although it’s not hugely clear what’s a starter or a main. Wok-fried fish balls are fresh, sturdy morsels while the seafood spring rolls, come more like potato croquettes. With everything arriving on small, pretty dishes, sharing is the way to go. Not a place for a long, leisurely dinner, but for unusual Asian food with a bit of atmosphere, it’s worth a try.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 10 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 May,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.