Bargain Filipino food in the UAE 3 Reviews
On the hunt for bargain Filipino food with a special hankering for merienda (snacks)? Delmon offers exactly that. If not Filipino, be prepared to get taken-aback stares from the staff and other diners. It’s to be expected: not many ‘foreigners’ venture into the restaurant. The interior is simple if somewhat shabby. Posters and framed photographs line the walls and bright lights unashamedly reveal worn tables and chairs. But service is quick and friendly, and staff are happy to translate items on the menu. The arroz caldo, lumpia and batchoy merienda impress, but the sweets are the stars of the show – try the halo halo (shaved ice and evaporated milk mixed with fruits), puto (rice cakes with cheese on top) or cassava. While Western food also features, we advise you stick to the traditional Filipino fare.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 10 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.