Give the Japanese sushi masters here a chance to impress you 2 Reviews
BOOK A TABLE NOW
This sushi bar-style restaurant at the back of the Grand Hyatt’s lobby serves no-frills Japanese. The restaurant has a Japanese garden feel, with water features trickling down the wall behind the bar, adding a calming element to the small venue. Service is quick, and although the menu is fairly limited to sashimi and sushi, there are a number of hot dishes to choose from. Selecting the high-grade fatty tuna sashimi should be your first move – it has a texture that is almost like butter, melting in the mouth. Rolls such as the California maki arrive fresh from the bar, and are crunchy and flavoursome. Beef tataki is available to carnivores, but the grilled crispy salmon belly (without terikyai sauce) is by far the standout on the menu. The steaming portion arrives on a slate and is so rich and creamy that it’s almost too much to devour in one sitting.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 26 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 01 February,2010- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 22 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 05 January,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by TimeOut Dubai Staff
- 01 January,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 July,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.