Give it the chance and Cafe Sushi delivers some decent dishes Discuss this article
Discreetly walled off in the Fairmont lobby, it's the scent of fried tempura that will draw you into this curious, pint-sized restaurant rather than its futuristic aesthetics, which include unforgiving lighting, 21st-century touches and chic styling. You'll find ten or so seats, one chef, one waiter, a couple of mirrors and, more importantly, a revolving belt pumping through some impressively constructed sushi. The ebi mushi and California rolls are what you'd expect from any decent sushi establishment and the chef's sashimi platter, though a tad expensive at Dhs125 for 12 pieces, is well cut, handsomely presented and fresh. Cafe Sushi is good without being spectacular; think of it as an upmarket smash and grab kinda place. If have your sunglasses to hand and don't mind being part of a sci-fi set, we think you'll appreciate the respectable sushi it offers.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 03 November,2011- reviewed by Oliver Robinson
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 19 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 05 April,2006- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.