The Rupee Room
The Rupee Room’s USP is that it serves British curries 10 Reviews
Don’t make the mistake of thinking The Rupee Room serves watered down Indian fare, diluted to appease Western palates. When you ask for hot, you get hot. The food is mostly North Indian, so expect all those familiar tandoor and kebab offerings (the mutton chapli kebabs are especially good), but scroll to the back of the menu for ‘Old Favourites’. Every curry style from vindaloo and balti to madras and jalfrezi is on offer. Sit outside and soak in views of the Dubai Marina towers and bobbing yachts while mopping up your curry with rather inventive bread (they offer a kurmi naan that’s topped with tomato sauce, cheese and spices, as well as garlic, chilli and coriander naans). All ingredients for a wholly satisfying meal.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 07 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 February,2010- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 19 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 16 August,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by TimeOut Dubai Staff
- 01 November,2004- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.