The Dubai version of the hotel's famed Japanese restaurant chain is unquestionably one of the finest dining attractions in the city 69 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
BOOK A TABLE NOW
It is difficult to think of anything that the Hyatt Regency does badly, so what follows will not come as a surprise. The Dubai version of the hotel's famed Japanese restaurant chain is unquestionably one of the finest dining attractions in the city.
Even though the hotel is no longer at the heart of the city (it used to be, by the way) this is still a restaurant with a loyal following. There are two seating choices on offer: table-service for à la carte sushi, sashimi and shabu-shabu, or a theatrical performance around the tepanyaki grill. Since we were dining on the Time Out Dubai expense account, we chose the latter.
We ordered two set menus, The Hakone Set (Dhs150) and The Hakadote Set (Dhs195), and shared both between us. What arrived, in sequence, was: green salad, grilled chicken, fried beef and vegetables with rice, a selection of five types of fish, miso soup, and much, much more besides. It was all exquisite to say the least. The tepanyaki grill is a sociable environment, and the chef entertains the crowd with hair-singeing cooking and egg juggling (the latter he pretends to be not so good at).
The night whiled away with a lengthy selection of beverages, banter with strangers, and attentive service. The problem with Miyako, however, is that you see other culinary delights being cooked aside your own, so you simply have to go back again!
Book early - there are only 10 places around the tepanyaki grill.By Carolyn Robb
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 03 November,2011- reviewed by Oliver Robinson
- 26 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 19 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 08 December,2008- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 02 August,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 March,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 August,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 May,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.