An expensive Moroccan with masses of charm 13 Reviews
A wide selection of Moroccan delicacies including salads, lentil soup, preserved chicken with lemon, and a variety of tagines. Music from oud and tabla players.
Iftar: Dhs190. Sunset-8.30pm. Suhoor: à la carte menu. 8.30pm-11.30pm. (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
The venue: Enjoy one of Dubai’s best established traditional iftar buffets at Tagine restaurant, a sanctuary of Arabic opulence for a true Moroccan experience in both cuisine and ambiance.
Iftar: The iftar offers a mixture of buffet and à la carte options. Savour a wide selection of Moroccan delicacies including salads, lentil soup, preserved chicken with lemon, and a variety of tagines.
Suhoor: As per the regular menu.
Extras: The exquisite food will be accompanied by the sounds of traditional oud and tabla.
Timings: Sunset-8.30pm (iftar), 8.30pm-11.30pm (à la carte).
Bookings accepted? Yes. (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- Picture 1 of 2
This homely, high-end restaurant is littered with intimate, candle-lit alcoves and niches. The Arabian theme continues with traditional tobacco-coloured walls, Moroccan lanterns and rugs, cushions and Eastern ornaments. To complete the mood, diners are serenaded with soft music performed by oud and tabla musicians. The food is Moroccan-inspired and while our starter of a selection of cold mezze failed to make much of an impression, things improved dramatically with the mains. The tagines are theatrically unveiled simultaneously and the presentation is as good as we’ve seen. The quality is also excellent, with dishes containing a sophisticated depth of multi-layered tastes. Service is outstanding, with friendly staff pleased to accommodate requests quickly and efficiently. While prices are on the higher side, the setting and standard of cuisine differentiate it from most of Tagine’s cheaper rivals. It’s the perfect setting for a romantic evening and highly recommended.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 24 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 27 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 07 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 05 September,2007- reviewed by TimeOut Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 27 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 May,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 November,2002- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 December,2001- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.