Latin food and dance Dubai Marina 9 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
With their regular samba and tango nights, a band that makes you want to wiggle your hips and an abundance of colourful finery, Pachanga does its best to make you feel like you’re in Ipanema – it’s just a shame that the Hilton Jumeirah has been relegated to a sandy back lot thanks to the Jumeirah Beach Residences.
To kick the meal off, you’re given some freshly baked bread along with a triplet of spreads and some corn chips and guacamole. Delicious as it is, it’s best not to overindulge, as you’ll want to save room for the mains – trust us. The menu boasts an array of dishes that hail from all over Latin America.
For starters, there’s the usual suspects like tapas, but if you opt for something a little less ordinary, you won’t be disappointed. The bisque, for example, with its mound of smoked trout and crab ravioli bathed in a creamy, frothy soup is divine. For mains, the paella is a welcome minefield of prawns, but if you like red meat steer away from the regular cuts and go instead for the cumin-encrusted tenderloin.
It’s cooked to perfection, and the delicate crust adds a spicy pique to each bite – sublime. For a sweet finish, the creamy rice pudding and the crème brûlée will have you gagging for more. With its music, colour and outstanding food, Pachanga will have your feet tapping while your taste buds do the tango.
By Jeremy Lawrence
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 27 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 20 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 29 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 08 March,2010- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 26 July,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by TimeOut Dubai
- 01 June,2005- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.