Popular Thai dining Garhoud 4 Reviews
The restaurant offers live Canadian crab, prepared in various styles, including wok-fried in turmeric sauce or baked with ginger and glass noodles. Diners can also see live performances of Thai music and dance Sunday to Friday. Dhs450 per kg Timings: 12.30pm-2.45pm, 7pm-11.45pm (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
What lies in wait here is a traditional Thai haven laced with artefacts and majestic wood panelling, not dissimilar to the shop that Randall Peltzer bought Gizmo in the movie Gremlins.
The combo starter is essentially Thai-style tapas, and everything on it is a triumph. Quality chicken satays, prawn and chicken housed in crispy pastry parcels, crab meat dumplings and chunky prawns wrapped tightly in dried noodles are all featured – making this one of the most inspired ideas we’ve witnessed.
Even the sauces aren’t merely token accompaniment, with the classic sweet chilli and rich nutty dips the pick of a petite five-piece. For the mains, green and red curry feature heavily on the menu and more than justify their prominence, but try the steamed hammour in lime and chilli as well.
The presentation of the fish is outstanding, and the moist flesh will slide down easily, while cheekily tingling your palate. The chicken and cashew nut and beef in oyster sauce are both classic dishes and worthy of your attention – once again illustrating Sukhothai’s knack of upholding Thai tradition and flavours to perfection.By Jeremy Lawrence
- Previous reviews
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 30 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 01 August,2007- reviewed by James Brennan
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 27 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 June,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 January,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 July,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 December,2001- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.