Dine on the 27th floor of the Burj Al Arab 7 Reviews
Christmas Day offer
Located on the 27th floor of the Burj Al Arab, you can spend Christmas Day in this ‘sevenstar’ hotel enjoying a buffet brunch or six-course set menu dinner. Dhs765 (glass of bubbly). Dhs1,045 Timings: 10am-4pm (Thursday)
An international buffet selection that changes each week, usually including pasta, sushi and foie gras stations. Dhs720 Timings: 10am-4pm (Friday)
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
‘I’m just popping to the Burj.’ There are few phrases that cry ‘I’ve made it!’ louder in this city. Even before you arrive, a dinner date inside the iconic building has a lot to live up to.
Cruise onto the ‘seven-star’ exclusive island (as long as you’ve made it past security with your pre-booking reference), sweep up the aquarium-flanked escalators and you’ll feel like you’ve just entered Narnia, but with more gold and garish carpets.
That is, until you reach Al Muntaha (or ‘the highest’) on the 27th floor – when you’ll feel like you’ve walked into a cruise ship, what with its marine colours, dated design and older crowd. Fortunately, the menu reconfirms diners’ feelings of superiority, since it’s slathered in luxuries such as oysters, caviar, lobster and foie gras.
The prices are steep, but the flavours are worth it, with the goat’s cheese espuma starter and steamed barramundi making particular highlights. Though the ambience is slightly stiff, most likely due to the crowd, the resident jazz band and the rumble of neighbouring
Sky View bar manage to lighten things a touch. But, of course, none of this matters. Merely mentioning you’re off to the Burj will have enough of an impact on everyone you tell to make the trip – and heart-stopping bill – worthwhile.
By Jeremy Lawrence
- Previous reviews
- 29 September,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 04 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 11 January,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 04 April,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 16 January,2006- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 September,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
- 01 May,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.