The Irish Village
In the winter months, the sprawling pond-side beer garden takes on a life of its own, as residents and tourists alike descend upon its benches for the craic 20 Reviews
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2007
If the Irish ever put a man on the moon, the chances are he’ll open a pub there. The ubiquitous theme pubs have already taken on a familiar look all over our planet. But while The Irish Village hardly stands out from any of the billion other Irish hooch houses from Dubai to Derby, it’s not a bad option if you’re looking for a pint, a nibble and a crowd to enjoy them with.
In the winter months, the sprawling pond-side beer garden takes on a life of its own, as residents and tourists alike descend upon its benches for the craic. Inside there are plenty of screens showing football, and a profusion of nooks and crannies to enjoy the boot-filling pub grub. Start with the juicy mussels or the spring rolls before you investigate the hearty fish and chips or tasty boiled bacon and comforting creamy mash. None of it will get Gordon Ramsay flustered, but it will soak up the pop while you bemoan your team’s ineptitude on the box.
If your lads are on the receiving end of a lashing, console yourself with a school dinner-style ginger pudding or an unusual chocolate bread and butter pudding. With hefty portions and worryingly swift service, no wonder it’s a hit with visiting celebrities, not least a refreshed Frank Carson, who on his last visit could be heard hollering ‘two boiled eggs’ at fellow drinkers. It’s the way he tells them, apparently.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 21 September,2014- reviewed by Robert Garratt
- 24 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 11 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 December,2004- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 May,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
- 01 January,2002- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.