Mannaland Korean Restaurant
Authentic Korean classics Satwa style. Great for an evening off the beaten track and perfectly positioned for a post-dinner stroll onto Diyafah Street 12 Reviews
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
It might be an unassuming little restaurant next to the Capitol Hotel, but Mannaland is where you can find a genuine superfood. Many Koreans eat it up to three times a day, which – since it comes in over 200 varieties – isn’t necessarily as tedious as it might sound. But although it can be made with apples, radish, aubergine, pumpkin and cucumber, its main ingredient is pickled cabbage.
Yes, it’s kimchi, and it’s one of the healthiest foods you can eat, so the eight or so types of kimchi that land on your table within seconds of you sitting down at Mannaland will do you no end of good. Give the kimchi and pork soup a whirl – it’s full of spiced vegetables and tender meat.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 27 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 20 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 16 August,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.