Chef Manolo Mosconi performs until Saturday March 15, plus deals on pizza or pasta until the end of the month. 50 percent off any pizza or pasta dish, or Dhs79 for pizza or pasta plus a house beverage. Prices vary Timings: Noon-midnight (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
BOOK A TABLE NOW
While the life size, piano playing, effigy of the man himself, is taking the Da Vinci theme a little too far, the rest of this popular evening eatery is tastefully done.
Vitruvian man is charcoaled into the wall along with various other mural re-creations of sketches by the ultimate renaissance man.
Located in a spacious, dark wooded, inn-style setting, the atmosphere of ‘la trattoria italiana’ has been captured (and, inevitably, spread across the tables with red, white and green chequered cloths).
The food, however, leaves a somewhat less piquant memory. The usual suspects appear on the menu listing: pasta, pizza, soup, salad, chicken, meat, fish and sweets (i dolci).
The pasta is rather a disappointment (neither fresh, nor house-made, it seems, many a mamma would be gesticulating hysterically). And the well-topped pizzas are let down by a suspiciously supermarket-style base.
Unexceptional, but adequate, is the lasting impression.
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 September,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 26 October,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 March,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 January,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.