BOOK A TABLE NOW
While the life size, piano playing, effigy of the man himself, is taking the Da Vinci theme a little too far, the rest of this popular evening eatery is tastefully done.
Vitruvian man is charcoaled into the wall along with various other mural re-creations of sketches by the ultimate renaissance man.
Located in a spacious, dark wooded, inn-style setting, the atmosphere of ‘la trattoria italiana’ has been captured (and, inevitably, spread across the tables with red, white and green chequered cloths).
The food, however, leaves a somewhat less piquant memory. The usual suspects appear on the menu listing: pasta, pizza, soup, salad, chicken, meat, fish and sweets (i dolci).
The pasta is rather a disappointment (neither fresh, nor house-made, it seems, many a mamma would be gesticulating hysterically). And the well-topped pizzas are let down by a suspiciously supermarket-style base.
Unexceptional, but adequate, is the lasting impression.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 21 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 September,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 26 October,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 March,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 January,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.