The Brussels-based Blue Elephant, a Thai restaurant founded by Karl Steppé in 1980, now boasts ten international branches.
Dubai’s version features appropriately exotic décor of trees and bamboo features, a look designed to evoke the feel of a Thai village.
The menu includes the regular array of green, red and yellow curry dishes for beef, chicken, lamb, and vegetarian courses.
This is in addition to delightful and sophisticated trademarks such as the Chicken Soufflé, the Tom Yum khung prawn soup, the Seafood Cassoulet, the Tod Man Pla fish cakes, crab claws, pad Thai noodles, and several varieties of stir-fried rice.
Leave room for Jasmine Cake, coconut sorbet or banana cake, the restaurants star desserts, or stuff yourself silly at the regular Saturday evening buffet for Dhs95.
- Previous reviews
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 07 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 22 March,2006- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 July,2004- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 July,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.