From an adequate selection of starters and soups, opt for the Gulf shrimp and lobster cocktail – a crisp tortilla basket filled with iceberg lettuce, lemon, and thick, meaty fish, smothered in a tangy cocktail sauce 7 Reviews
A selection from the Friday brunch event, served as an evening edition. Dhs335 (selected beverages). Dhs395 (sparkling grape). Dhs550 (bubbly). 7pm - 10.30pm (Friday)
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2007
It’s not everyday you can say you’ve had dinner with Jack Nicklaus, Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordan. And it’s not everyday you taste food that does justice to the pedigree of the sports legends that hang on the wall. You will here. Sat overlooking the palm trees and lush greens of the golf club in one direction and the view over the Creek in the other, you’ll be further relaxed by a pianist playing calm melodies.
From an adequate selection of starters and soups, opt for the Gulf shrimp and lobster cocktail – a crisp tortilla basket filled with iceberg lettuce, lemon, and thick, meaty fish, smothered in a tangy cocktail sauce. Alternatively, the blackened Cajun beef tips set the standard for the meat dishes, with flash-grilled tenderloin and a duo of barbecue and béarnaise sauces served on a bed of crunchy vegetable strips. The main event here is steak. From the tenderness of a perfectly cooked 14oz New Zealand rib-eye to the succulent US prime Angus tenderloin, these cuts are torrentially juicy, slice like butter and melt in the mouth.
The accompanying thick-cut chips or garlic herb mash make it quite a filling dinner, but it’d be tough to refuse the rich chocolate mocha tart and the delicious Baileys-fuelled bread and butter pudding. You’ll come away feeling sufficiently full and safe in the knowledge that there isn’t a more suitable name for a venue that consistently serves a legendary meal at very attractive mid-range prices.
By Time Out Dubai Staff
- Previous reviews
- 28 September,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 10 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 January,2012- reviewed by Oliver Robinson
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 20 June,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 April,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 December,2002- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 April,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
- 01 November,2001- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.