Sporting steakhouse at the Dubai Creek Golf club 7 Reviews
A selection from the Friday brunch event, served as an evening edition. Dhs335 (selected beverages). Dhs395 (sparkling grape). Dhs550 (bubbly). 7pm - 10.30pm (Friday)
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
Photos of sporting ‘legends’ greet you as you walk into this golf club eaterie, but the food is slightly off the mark. The crab cakes make a good starter, with a sweet chilli and mango dip to quench the fiery taste of the crunchy deep-fried fish.
The wild mushroom and asparagus feuillette isn’t quite as top notch, with its exterior a little cold and its filo pastry soft rather than flaky. But it’s the steaks you come here for, and whatever you choose you won’t go far wrong. Every cut, whether it’s an 8oz US Angus ribeye or the 8oz tenderloin, is torrentially juicy, slicing as easily as the butter accompanying your bread.
Home-made french fries and garlic mash are included, but other vegetables or side orders are extra. After all that you’re going to be quite full, so don’t worry about desserts like the apple crumble, which can be a little over-sweet. Worth mentioning is the daily earlybird deal – Dhs170 per person for starter, 8oz steak main, dessert and half-bottle of wine from 7pm-9pm.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 28 September,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 10 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 January,2012- reviewed by Oliver Robinson
- 20 June,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 April,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 December,2002- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 April,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
- 01 November,2001- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.