Argentinean restaurant with extraordinary steak 35 Reviews
New Year's Eve offer
A five-course Argentinian set meal with live music. Dhs1,900 (with soft drinks, inside seating), Dhs2,200 (with house beverages and welcome glass of bubbly, outdoor seating), Dhs3,5000 (with house beverages and bubbly, boat deck table) (Wednesday)
Christmas Eve offer
Experience vibrant festive charm at this Argentinean restaurant, which will be serving a traditional three-course meal with all the trimmings.
There aren’t many places in Dubai where you can feast outside on a whole roasted goat (if in a group of five to eight people) and look up at the mighty Burj Dubai tower. Goat is a bit of a speciality in Argentinean cuisine, but Asado also specialises in grilling, with a fine selection of steaks on offer. Knowledgeable waiters let you see the cuts first, so you have an idea of what you’re getting. Slabs of pampered wagyu are present and correct, and there’s an array of sauces to try with your meat.
There are a number of starters that come highly recommended, such as the sweetcorn stew or smoked cold cuts, but it’s your steak that you’ll remember – accompanied by thick-cut garlic fries stacked Jenga-style next to roasted veggies. Chicken and fish are present as alternatives.
When the Burj Dubai is complete this will be an excellent place to marvel at it – its setting at the base of the tower also makes it the ideal place to come for that all important business meeting, even if you do decide to conduct it with a roasted goat leg in hand.By Daisy Carrington
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 20 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 01 February,2010- reviewed by Emily McCarrick
- 17 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 17 February,2008- reviewed by James Brennan
- 11 December,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.