Beach Bar & Grill
Arabian décor with European food 12 Reviews
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2008
With its sophisticated Arabian Nights-tinged decor, torch-lit terrace and fabulous ocean views, first impressions at the Beach Bar & Grill bode well for a dining experience to be treasured. Kick off with the black mussels in a marinara sauce and you won’t be disappointed; the meaty tang of the shellfish pairs well with the tomato-rich broth.
Next up, a dish of pan-fried red snapper translates well from the page, its whole-baked fennel and pretty scattering of clams offering a perfect foil to the smoke-infused fish. Elsewhere, a great selection of grilled meats – including the ubiquitous wagyu – and a tasty miscellany of vegetarian options should more than satisfy those of a non-piscine persuasion.
And to finish?
A fine-looking meringue sacrifices the crunch of its outer shell for the sweet, moist density of its iced pistachio cream filling, but in truth it feels like a small price to pay. Likewise, the quality of service – friendly and attentive without ever being overbearing – goes a long way to iron over any minor niggles. File under ‘M’ for memorable.By Jeremy Lawrence
- Previous reviews
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 25 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 19 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 11 January,2006- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 February,2003- reviewed by Rob Orchard
- 01 February,2002- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.