Worth a visit, even if only for the experience of dining in the splendour of your own private dining room 21 Reviews
The India Palace recreates the grandeur of the Moghul Dynasty. The elaborate craftsmanship in the woodwork and painting, the traditional style of service and the authentic musicians sitting cross-legged in the corner of the room create a mystical ambience.
Downstairs, there is comfortable open plan seating with a view of the kitchen in one corner. Upstairs, individual cabins provide very private dining for groups of four to ten diners. They are proving to be very popular so we suggest you book in advance.
The menu offers an extensive choice of authentic Mughal dishes; traditional Indian aperitifs, starters, soups, grills from the tandoor oven, many vegetarian dishes, rice dishes, breads and deserts. Breads were delicious; hot and fresh.
It took a very very long time for our food to arrive; perhaps they were torching our kebabs all that time because they were dry and over-cooked.
The Biriani, an ample portion, was aromatic but less tasty. The green salad was predominantly tomato and chunky onion with a small lettuce leaf.
Waiting staff did not enter the cabin unless summoned by the bell, and even then they knocked before entering, which became a little tedious.
It was difficult to judge who the clientel were, as we could only hear them, but judging by the noise coming from other cabins they were having a good time.
A lovely restaurant, with a real feel of the grand old days of the Moghul Dynasty to it.
Worth a visit, even if only for the experience of dining in the splendour of your own private dining room.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 27 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 25 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 06 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 19 March,2009- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 25 December,2007- reviewed by James Brennan
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by TimeOut Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.