Artistic fun for kids in this Jumeirah café 60 Reviews
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
A great venue for families, the arty activities will always take centre stage over the menu, but Café Ceramique’s food offering is varied, good value and, largely speaking, tasty.
There’s a wide selection of soups, salads and interestingly filled bagels; the steak and brie is particularly juicy. The cafe also does hearty all-day breakfasts and gourmet sandwiches, although the dry chicken shawarma pockets need to be drowned in garlic dip to give them some succulence.
But it’s the pot painting which really steals the show here. The hundreds of somewhat precariously-placed ceramics may look like an accident waiting to happen, but the atmosphere is, surprisingly, one of calm and intense artistic creation.
The super-friendly waiters are exceedingly helpful on the ceramic front, although this is perhaps to the detriment of the food service. On our last visit, it took more than 45 minutes for our simple order to arrive. One tip: skip the lacklustre dessert counter and plump for the delicious gourmet cappuccino: vanilla-infused and topped with whipped cream and chocolate chunks, it’s decadent and delicious enough to be a pud in itself.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 27 April,2015- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 20 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 03 November,2011- reviewed by Oliver Robinson
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 01 September,2002- reviewed by Rob Orchard
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.