The Irish Village
Ever-popular Irish pub next to the tennis stadium 20 Reviews
New Year's Eve offer
An array of food stations with festive specialities and live music from The MapleJacks and DJ Marky Mark. Dhs150 (tickets purchased before December 25), Dhs200 (tickets purchased December 26) (Wednesday)
Christmas Day offer
Christmas Day lunch with roast turkey and all the trimmings accompanied by live music and a visit from Santa. Dhs185 per person, Dhs90 (children under 12) (Thursday)
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
Like all ‘pubs’ in Dubai, The Irish Village is not so much a public house as a hotel bar in drag – nevertheless, its cobbled interior and surly staff adequately convey the gloom of an Irish winter, even in the Dubai sun.
There’s a wide selection of pub grub at standard prices and, although the quality is as flatly average is it’s possible to get, your meal is likely to come out at lightning speed, even if the place is packed.
And it is generally busy – as much as The Irish Village doesn’t impress as an eatery, it is incredibly popular as a bar. This is particularly notable in winter, when the massive outdoor area is packed out every day with cheerful revellers.
And while the staff may leave something to be desired – you’ll generally find one chipper waiter for every three glowering ogres – the atmosphere generated by the other patrons is more than enough to make up for it.
It’s worth checking its website for news, because The Irish Village often plays host to quality bands. There’s also a gift shop, should you feel that your time in Dubai would not be complete without a giant Guinness hat or fuzzy shamrock.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 24 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 21 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 11 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 December,2004- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 01 May,2002- reviewed by Carolyn Robb
- 01 January,2002- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.