North Indian cuisine in the heart of Deira 95 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
Those who live nearby (or head over at quieter times of the day, will find a tabla player and singer at work, and a slightly disjointed layout.
Take a table by the open kitchen, however, and you’ll feel like the place has a bit of a buzz, even if there are only a few tables full on your visit. Order the dahl Handi with black lentils, a buttery dish, and the fresh okra masala, both great as an accompaniment or for vegetarians.
The meatier dishes are also excellent; try the fleshy lassoni jhinga, king prawns in garlic, or the spicy lamb kebabs (a touch too hot for some). The service, while friendly, is slightly muddled for a five-star hotel restaurant, and some dishes may not even turn up. Not Handi when you’re hungry.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 28 February,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 27 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 06 March,2006- reviewed by Matthew Lee
- 17 December,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.