Indego by Vineet
Delicious Indian dining with a European influence but not one for those on a budget 27 Reviews
A set menu gourmet thali deal. Dhs170 (veg), Dhs190 (non-veg) Timings: 12.30pm-3pm (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
The lazy brunch offers an à la carte selection of fine Indian cooking. Also available on Saturdays. Dhs250 (soft drinks, hot beverages and petit fours). Dhs350 (selected beverages) Timings: 12.30pm-4pm (Friday, Saturday)
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
Die-hard fans of Indian cuisine might be affronted by Indego’s European/haute spin on subcontinental fare. But whether or not you’re willing to concede that the food is, in fact, Indian, you’ll unlikely take issue with the fact that it is, indeed, brilliant.
It is the brainchild of celebrity chef Vineet Bhatia, the restaurant’s consultant chef and the first Indian chef to receive a Michelin star. Standouts include a starter of assorted samosas with unique stuffings, such as goats cheese and pine nuts.
For a main, we cannot say enough good things about the tandoori salmon, made up of meltingly soft and smoky flesh, seasoned with an addictive honey, yoghurt and chilli marinade. Indian food traditionalists may turn up their noses at the idea of a chocolate samosa dessert, which we think is just fine – that just means there’s more for us.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 22 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 12 September,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 24 March,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 02 March,2009- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 05 May,2008- reviewed by Chris Anderson
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 05 September,2007- reviewed by TimeOut Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 11 October,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 29 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 30 August,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.