Indian tapas in the Grand Hyatt 11 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
BOOK A TABLE NOW
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
Iz does high-end Indian tapas in fashionable, modern surroundings. Iz is carefully lit, but the interior is light, with lots of pale wood, and cream-coloured furniture. The larger, raised tables, which are round and can seat eight comfortably, are cocooned in a semi-circular ball of wooden slats, which offers privacy without feeling too secluded.
One strong example of the Iz concept is the prawn masala. A smouldering, cumin-infused gravy coats plump prawns, lending them a toasty flavour that’s surprisingly dry for a coconut-based curry.
Most dishes are baked in the tandoori, allowing meat and vegetable flavours to breathe. Individual dishes do feel expensive for their portion size, but this is an excellent opportunity for fans of Indian food to mix and match flavours, and staff are knowledgeable about what works together.
Clientele tends to be a stylish Indian set and Emirati families, and their patronage should be taken as a good sign.
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 21 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 11 August,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 28 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 07 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 01 December,2008- reviewed by Daisy Carrington
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 14 February,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.