World famous Pakistani restaurant in Dubai 49 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
From Time Out Dubai Eating Out 2009
Ravi Restaurant is best visited in the early hours, when the wipe-clean outdoor tables are bustling with boisterous groups.
The menu is long and includes many familiar generic Punjabi dishes, but we can recommend both the haleem – a slow-cooked dish of wheat, lentils and meat (usually lamb) the consistency of porridge – and the nihari – slow-cooked beef so tender it falls from the bone, and served in a delicately aromatic sauce, served with hot flatbreads.
Popular with a range of people from Pakistani cabbies eating right-handed to wealthy NRIs (Non Resident Indians) shouting at each other in American drawls. Best of all, the cooking is excellent, and the prices low.By Time Out Dubai staff
Time Out Dubai,
- Previous reviews
- 21 April,2014- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 15 April,2013- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 25 March,2012- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 23 March,2011- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 07 April,2010- reviewed by Time Out Dubai staff
- 14 April,2008- reviewed by Guy Dimond
- 26 March,2008- reviewed by Jeremy Lawrence
- 12 March,2007- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 01 November,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai Staff
- 30 April,2006- reviewed by Time Out Dubai
- 01 February,2005- reviewed by Matthew Lee
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.